Grilled Lobster Tails with Nectarine-Avocado Salad
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Sophisticated and yet very quick, this easy composed salad can be a meal on its own--or a wonderful starter to a weekend dinner party. All it needs is a glass of champagne. Shrimp or other sweet and meaty fish can stand in for the lobster.
- 3 nectarines, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus lime wedges for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 lobster tails, fresh or frozen, thawed (8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Toss nectarines, avocado, scallion, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Lay lobster tails on a cutting board with the soft side of the shell facing up. Cut the tails in half lengthwise starting from the fan. Run your fingertips along the inside of the shell to loosen meat from shell. Brush the meat with oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Lay the tails on the grill, cut-side down, and cook until the meat is lightly charred and the shell is beginning to turn red, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn and continue grilling until the meat is opaque and cooked through and the shell is completely red, 2 to 4 minutes more. Remove the lobster meat from the shells and serve with the nectarine salad.
Per serving: 179 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 32 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 11 g protein; 4 g fiber; 761 mg sodium; 637 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin K (30% daily value), Selenium (27% dv), Vitamin C (25% dv), Potassium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less