Grilled Lobster Tails with Nectarine-Avocado Salad
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Sophisticated and yet very quick, this easy composed salad can be a meal on its own--or a wonderful starter to a weekend dinner party. All it needs is a glass of champagne. Shrimp or other sweet and meaty fish can stand in for the lobster.
- 3 nectarines, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus lime wedges for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 lobster tails, fresh or frozen, thawed (8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Toss nectarines, avocado, scallion, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Lay lobster tails on a cutting board with the soft side of the shell facing up. Cut the tails in half lengthwise starting from the fan. Run your fingertips along the inside of the shell to loosen meat from shell. Brush the meat with oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Lay the tails on the grill, cut-side down, and cook until the meat is lightly charred and the shell is beginning to turn red, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn and continue grilling until the meat is opaque and cooked through and the shell is completely red, 2 to 4 minutes more. Remove the lobster meat from the shells and serve with the nectarine salad.
Per serving: 179 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 32 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 11 g protein; 4 g fiber; 761 mg sodium; 637 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin K (30% daily value), Selenium (27% dv), Vitamin C (25% dv), Potassium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique