Grilled Lobster Tails with Nectarine-Avocado Salad
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Sophisticated and yet very quick, this easy composed salad can be a meal on its own--or a wonderful starter to a weekend dinner party. All it needs is a glass of champagne. Shrimp or other sweet and meaty fish can stand in for the lobster.
- 3 nectarines, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus lime wedges for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 lobster tails, fresh or frozen, thawed (8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Toss nectarines, avocado, scallion, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Lay lobster tails on a cutting board with the soft side of the shell facing up. Cut the tails in half lengthwise starting from the fan. Run your fingertips along the inside of the shell to loosen meat from shell. Brush the meat with oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Lay the tails on the grill, cut-side down, and cook until the meat is lightly charred and the shell is beginning to turn red, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn and continue grilling until the meat is opaque and cooked through and the shell is completely red, 2 to 4 minutes more. Remove the lobster meat from the shells and serve with the nectarine salad.
Per serving: 179 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 32 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 11 g protein; 4 g fiber; 761 mg sodium; 637 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin K (30% daily value), Selenium (27% dv), Vitamin C (25% dv), Potassium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique