Grilled Lamb with Fresh Mint Chutney
For a refreshing change from mint sauce or mint jelly, try serving lamb chops with an Indian-inspired fresh mint chutney.
- Fresh Mint Chutney, (recipe follows)
- 8 rib lamb chops, (about 3 ounces each), trimmed
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, or canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Prepare Fresh Mint Chutney.
- Heat gas grill. Rub lamb chops with garlic, then brush with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the chops until cooked to desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Serve with Fresh Mint Chutney.
Per serving: 296 calories; 13 g fat (4 g sat, 6 g mono); 112 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 36 g protein; 1 g fiber; 653 mg sodium; 486 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (57% daily value), Vitamin C (50% dv), Zinc (36% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 5 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique