Grilled Lamb Chops with Eggplant Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2009
Here we grill eggplant slices and red onion to toss in a salad with fresh mint and parsley to accompany grilled lamb chops. Serve with whole-grain rice pilaf and green beans.
- 1 medium eggplant, (about 1 pound), peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 8 lamb loin chops, 1-1 1/2 inches thick, trimmed (1 1/2-1 3/4 pounds total)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Spray both sides of eggplant and onion rounds with cooking spray. Grill the vegetables, turning once, until browned on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, chop the eggplant and onion and combine in a medium bowl with lemon juice, parsley, mint, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cayenne.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle lamb chops with pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Grill the chops until browned on both sides and cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Serve with the eggplant salad.
Per serving: 260 calories; 12 g fat (4 g sat, 6 g mono); 81 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 5 g fiber; 659 mg sodium; 674 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (28% daily value), Potassium (19% dv), Folate (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2009