Grilled Lamb Chops with Eggplant Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2009
Here we grill eggplant slices and red onion to toss in a salad with fresh mint and parsley to accompany grilled lamb chops. Serve with whole-grain rice pilaf and green beans.
- 1 medium eggplant, (about 1 pound), peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 8 lamb loin chops, 1-1 1/2 inches thick, trimmed (1 1/2-1 3/4 pounds total)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Spray both sides of eggplant and onion rounds with cooking spray. Grill the vegetables, turning once, until browned on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, chop the eggplant and onion and combine in a medium bowl with lemon juice, parsley, mint, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cayenne.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle lamb chops with pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Grill the chops until browned on both sides and cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Serve with the eggplant salad.
Per serving: 260 calories; 12 g fat (4 g sat, 6 g mono); 81 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 5 g fiber; 659 mg sodium; 674 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (28% daily value), Potassium (19% dv), Folate (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2009