Grilled Lamb Chops with Eggplant Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2009
Here we grill eggplant slices and red onion to toss in a salad with fresh mint and parsley to accompany grilled lamb chops. Serve with whole-grain rice pilaf and green beans.
- 1 medium eggplant, (about 1 pound), peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 8 lamb loin chops, 1-1 1/2 inches thick, trimmed (1 1/2-1 3/4 pounds total)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Spray both sides of eggplant and onion rounds with cooking spray. Grill the vegetables, turning once, until browned on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, chop the eggplant and onion and combine in a medium bowl with lemon juice, parsley, mint, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cayenne.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle lamb chops with pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Grill the chops until browned on both sides and cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Serve with the eggplant salad.
Per serving: 260 calories; 12 g fat (4 g sat, 6 g mono); 81 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 5 g fiber; 659 mg sodium; 674 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (28% daily value), Potassium (19% dv), Folate (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2009