Grilled Green Beans with Horseradish Ketchup
From EatingWell: July/August 2012
Grilled green beans? Absolutely! Make this grilled green beans with horseradish ketchup recipe in a grill basket if you have one, otherwise improvise with a piece of heavy-duty foil. Cook a steak or pork chops on the grill at the same time and dinner is done.
- 1 pound green and/or yellow wax beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Toss beans with oil, salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Transfer to a grill basket (see Tip, below).
- Grill the beans, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp and brown in spots, 8 to 10 minutes. If they’re browning too much before they are tender, reduce the heat or move the grill basket to a cooler spot.
- Combine horseradish, mayonnaise, ketchup and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Add the beans and stir to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Equipment: Grill basket
- Tip: If you don’t have a grill basket, you can improvise one: fold a 24-inch piece of heavy-duty foil in half and crimp up the edges to create a lip for the “basket.”
Per serving: 66 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 4 g fiber; 158 mg sodium; 192 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value), Vitamin A (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- July/August 2012