Grilled Green Beans with Horseradish Ketchup
From EatingWell: July/August 2012
Grilled green beans? Absolutely! Make this grilled green beans with horseradish ketchup recipe in a grill basket if you have one, otherwise improvise with a piece of heavy-duty foil. Cook a steak or pork chops on the grill at the same time and dinner is done.
- 1 pound green and/or yellow wax beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Toss beans with oil, salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Transfer to a grill basket (see Tip, below).
- Grill the beans, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp and brown in spots, 8 to 10 minutes. If they’re browning too much before they are tender, reduce the heat or move the grill basket to a cooler spot.
- Combine horseradish, mayonnaise, ketchup and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Add the beans and stir to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Equipment: Grill basket
- Tip: If you don’t have a grill basket, you can improvise one: fold a 24-inch piece of heavy-duty foil in half and crimp up the edges to create a lip for the “basket.”
Per serving: 66 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 4 g fiber; 158 mg sodium; 192 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value), Vitamin A (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- July/August 2012