Grilled Green Beans with Horseradish Ketchup
From EatingWell: July/August 2012
Grilled green beans? Absolutely! Make this grilled green beans with horseradish ketchup recipe in a grill basket if you have one, otherwise improvise with a piece of heavy-duty foil. Cook a steak or pork chops on the grill at the same time and dinner is done.
- 1 pound green and/or yellow wax beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Toss beans with oil, salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Transfer to a grill basket (see Tip, below).
- Grill the beans, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp and brown in spots, 8 to 10 minutes. If they’re browning too much before they are tender, reduce the heat or move the grill basket to a cooler spot.
- Combine horseradish, mayonnaise, ketchup and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Add the beans and stir to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Equipment: Grill basket
- Tip: If you don’t have a grill basket, you can improvise one: fold a 24-inch piece of heavy-duty foil in half and crimp up the edges to create a lip for the “basket.”
Per serving: 66 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 4 g fiber; 158 mg sodium; 192 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value), Vitamin A (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2012
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)