One of the best steaks I have ever eaten! Great job Eating Well!!!
Grilled Filet Mignon with Herb Butter & Texas Toasts
From EatingWell: June/July 2006
This dish is simply luxurious: grilled beef tenderloin smothered in a vibrant herb butter served on top of a garlicky slab of whole-grain toast. And yes, with only about 303 calories and 14 grams of fat total, this steakhouse-worthy entree can be part of a healthy diet. If you like, make extra herb butter to top chicken, fish or even a grilled pork chop.
5 Reviews for Grilled Filet Mignon with Herb Butter & Texas Toasts
The butter and rub is delicious. The combination of spices is perfect. Some people may find it a bit salty (I will half the recommended amount in the future), but my husband and I loved it! I will definitely be making this again.
This butter was out of this world. I've tried it two times now and my company Raved about it. I'm making it again for a formal dinner. I'm glad I ran across this. Made me taste buds extremely happy!
This was great! Easy to do and so very delicious! I most certainly recommend that you try this one out.
Thank you EatingWell - this was the best recipe! My family raved about it. I will make it over and over again. My side dishes were aspagus and mashed potato (yam/yukon gold). I also sprinkled a small amount of season salt on the filet before grilling. Just make sure your lemon butter mixture is not too salty before you serve it. You may have to adjust. Everything from the presentation to the taste was fabulous. The watercress and toast added to the presentation and flavor and made the dish!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)