Grilled Corn with Chipotle-Lime Butter
From EatingWell: June/July 2006
Fresh lime and smoky chipotles makes this compound butter the perfect match for sweet corn. When the corn season is over, try a bit melted on some grilled fish or chicken.
- 4 ears fresh corn, husked
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chipotle chile in adobo sauce plus 1/4 teaspoon adobo sauce, (see Note) or 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat grill to high. Wrap each ear in foil. Place on the grill and cook, turning frequently, for 10 minutes. Remove from the grill and let stand in the foil while preparing the butter. Combine butter, lime zest, lime juice, chipotle and adobo sauce (or ground chipotle) and salt in a small bowl. Carefully unwrap the corn. Serve with the butter.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce are smoked jalapeños packed in a flavorful sauce. Look for the small cans with the Mexican foods in large supermarkets. Once opened, they'll keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer.
Per serving: 129 calories; 7 g fat (4 g sat, 0 g mono); 15 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 222 mg sodium; 245 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- June/July 2006