Grilled Chicken with Chipotle-Orange Glaze
Smoky chipotle peppers make this quick, citrusy barbecue sauce special. Try this recipe with shrimp or pork chops on the grill as well. Serve with Quinoa & Black Beans and fruit sorbet for dessert.
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1.5 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, (see Note)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat (8 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat grill or broiler to high. Lightly oil the rack.
- Whisk orange juice concentrate, chiles, vinegar, molasses and mustard in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. Grill or broil the chicken for 2 minutes. Turn the chicken, brush with the chipotle-orange glaze, and cook, brushing occasionally with more of the glaze, 4 minutes more. Turn the chicken again, brush with the glaze, and cook until no longer pink in the middle, 2 to 5 minutes more.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce are smoked jalapenos packed in a flavorful sauce. Look for the small cans with the Mexican foods in large supermarkets. Once opened, they'll keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer.
Per serving: 152 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 0 g fiber; 251 mg sodium; 302 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (30% daily value), Vitamin C (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 12
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 3 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation