Grilled Chicken with Chipotle-Orange Glaze
Smoky chipotle peppers make this quick, citrusy barbecue sauce special. Try this recipe with shrimp or pork chops on the grill as well. Serve with Quinoa & Black Beans and fruit sorbet for dessert.
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1.5 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, (see Note)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat (8 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat grill or broiler to high. Lightly oil the rack.
- Whisk orange juice concentrate, chiles, vinegar, molasses and mustard in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. Grill or broil the chicken for 2 minutes. Turn the chicken, brush with the chipotle-orange glaze, and cook, brushing occasionally with more of the glaze, 4 minutes more. Turn the chicken again, brush with the glaze, and cook until no longer pink in the middle, 2 to 5 minutes more.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce are smoked jalapenos packed in a flavorful sauce. Look for the small cans with the Mexican foods in large supermarkets. Once opened, they'll keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer.
Per serving: 152 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 0 g fiber; 251 mg sodium; 302 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (30% daily value), Vitamin C (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 12
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 3 very lean meat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient