Our cooking group made this for lunch and loved it! (Would be fine for an evening meal tool) Filling put not heavy. Great for a hot summer day. Used my steaming cookware to blanch the veggies. Filled bottom pan with water and lowered top container with 1/3 of veggies at time into the water. Made it easy.
Grilled Chicken Salad with a Fresh Strawberry Dressing
Balsamic vinegar, strawberries and black pepper are a classic Italian trio: spicy and sweet, refined and earthy. Here they combine in a delicious dinner salad, topped with grilled chicken and toasted almonds. This dressing is also great on a salad of arugula, goat cheese and pecans.
2 Reviews for Grilled Chicken Salad with a Fresh Strawberry Dressing
The strawberry dressing is a great standalone dressing for many other salads. I altered the recipe using asparagus, snow peas and green beans. After blanching, I put the veggies on the grill and gave then a little char as well as the smokey flavor. Grilled the chicken, too. I've made the meal three time this summer. It keeps getting better.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)