Grilled Chicken & Nectarine Chopped Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
For a more elegant presentation, arrange the ingredients for this main-course chicken and nectarine salad recipe separately on a large serving platter instead of combining them in a large bowl. Drizzle with the honey-dijon dressing just before serving.
- 2 ripe nectarines, halved and pitted
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil plus 1/4 cup, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups finely chopped radicchio
- 1 cup assorted cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat grill to medium or heat a stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush nectarine halves lightly with 1 teaspoon oil. Season chicken on both sides with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and lightly brush with 2 teaspoons oil.
- Grill the chicken, turning once or twice, until cooked through, 12 to 18 minutes total. Grill the nectarines until lightly charred and softened, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Let the chicken and nectarines cool on a clean cutting board for about 10 minutes, then chop into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, water, mustard, honey and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add lettuce, radicchio, tomatoes, cheese, the chicken and nectarines; toss well to combine. Season with pepper.
Per serving: 341 calories; 22 g fat (6 g sat, 13 g mono); 64 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 8 g total sugars; 24 g protein; 3 g fiber; 302 mg sodium; 562 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (112% daily value), Folate (24% dv), Vitamin C (18% dv), Potassium (16% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 2 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 high-fat meat, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, main dish
- May/June 2014