Grilled Chicken & Nectarine Chopped Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
For a more elegant presentation, arrange the ingredients for this main-course chicken and nectarine salad recipe separately on a large serving platter instead of combining them in a large bowl. Drizzle with the honey-dijon dressing just before serving.
- 2 ripe nectarines, halved and pitted
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil plus 1/4 cup, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups finely chopped radicchio
- 1 cup assorted cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat grill to medium or heat a stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush nectarine halves lightly with 1 teaspoon oil. Season chicken on both sides with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and lightly brush with 2 teaspoons oil.
- Grill the chicken, turning once or twice, until cooked through, 12 to 18 minutes total. Grill the nectarines until lightly charred and softened, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Let the chicken and nectarines cool on a clean cutting board for about 10 minutes, then chop into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, water, mustard, honey and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add lettuce, radicchio, tomatoes, cheese, the chicken and nectarines; toss well to combine. Season with pepper.
Per serving: 341 calories; 22 g fat (6 g sat, 13 g mono); 64 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 8 g total sugars; 24 g protein; 3 g fiber; 302 mg sodium; 562 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (112% daily value), Folate (24% dv), Vitamin C (18% dv), Potassium (16% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 2 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 high-fat meat, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, main dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2014