Grilled Chicken & Nectarine Chopped Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
For a more elegant presentation, arrange the ingredients for this main-course chicken and nectarine salad recipe separately on a large serving platter instead of combining them in a large bowl. Drizzle with the honey-dijon dressing just before serving.
- 2 ripe nectarines, halved and pitted
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil plus 1/4 cup, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups finely chopped radicchio
- 1 cup assorted cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat grill to medium or heat a stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush nectarine halves lightly with 1 teaspoon oil. Season chicken on both sides with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and lightly brush with 2 teaspoons oil.
- Grill the chicken, turning once or twice, until cooked through, 12 to 18 minutes total. Grill the nectarines until lightly charred and softened, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Let the chicken and nectarines cool on a clean cutting board for about 10 minutes, then chop into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, water, mustard, honey and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add lettuce, radicchio, tomatoes, cheese, the chicken and nectarines; toss well to combine. Season with pepper.
Per serving: 341 calories; 22 g fat (6 g sat, 13 g mono); 64 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 8 g total sugars; 24 g protein; 3 g fiber; 302 mg sodium; 562 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (112% daily value), Folate (24% dv), Vitamin C (18% dv), Potassium (16% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 2 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 high-fat meat, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, main dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- May/June 2014