Grilled Chicken & Nectarine Chopped Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
For a more elegant presentation, arrange the ingredients for this main-course chicken and nectarine salad recipe separately on a large serving platter instead of combining them in a large bowl. Drizzle with the honey-dijon dressing just before serving.
- 2 ripe nectarines, halved and pitted
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil plus 1/4 cup, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups finely chopped radicchio
- 1 cup assorted cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat grill to medium or heat a stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush nectarine halves lightly with 1 teaspoon oil. Season chicken on both sides with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and lightly brush with 2 teaspoons oil.
- Grill the chicken, turning once or twice, until cooked through, 12 to 18 minutes total. Grill the nectarines until lightly charred and softened, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Let the chicken and nectarines cool on a clean cutting board for about 10 minutes, then chop into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, water, mustard, honey and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add lettuce, radicchio, tomatoes, cheese, the chicken and nectarines; toss well to combine. Season with pepper.
Per serving: 341 calories; 22 g fat (6 g sat, 13 g mono); 64 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 8 g total sugars; 24 g protein; 3 g fiber; 302 mg sodium; 562 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (112% daily value), Folate (24% dv), Vitamin C (18% dv), Potassium (16% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 2 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 high-fat meat, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, main dish
- Ease of Preparation
- May/June 2014