Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
Our Grilled Chicken Caesar is far lighter, and just as good, as the popular full-fat version.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups washed, dried and torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup fat-free croutons
- 1/2 cup Caesar Salad Dressing, (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan curls, (see Tip)
- Lemon wedges
- Prepare a grill or preheat broiler.
- Rub chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil chicken until browned and no trace of pink remains in the center, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Combine lettuce and croutons in a large bowl. Toss with Caesar Salad Dressing and divide among 4 plates. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch slices and fan over salad. Top with Parmesan curls. Serve immediately, with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To make parmesan curls, start with a piece of cheese that is at least 4 ounces. Use a swivel-bladed vegetable peeler to shave off curls.
Per serving: 278 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 74 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 34 g protein; 1 g fiber; 662 mg sodium; 308 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 2 vegetable, 4 very lean meat, For Caesar Salad Dressing, free food
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Ease of Preparation