Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
Our Grilled Chicken Caesar is far lighter, and just as good, as the popular full-fat version.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups washed, dried and torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup fat-free croutons
- 1/2 cup Caesar Salad Dressing, (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan curls, (see Tip)
- Lemon wedges
- Prepare a grill or preheat broiler.
- Rub chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil chicken until browned and no trace of pink remains in the center, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Combine lettuce and croutons in a large bowl. Toss with Caesar Salad Dressing and divide among 4 plates. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch slices and fan over salad. Top with Parmesan curls. Serve immediately, with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To make parmesan curls, start with a piece of cheese that is at least 4 ounces. Use a swivel-bladed vegetable peeler to shave off curls.
Per serving: 278 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 74 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 34 g protein; 1 g fiber; 662 mg sodium; 308 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 2 vegetable, 4 very lean meat, For Caesar Salad Dressing, free food
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient