Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
Our Grilled Chicken Caesar is far lighter, and just as good, as the popular full-fat version.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups washed, dried and torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup fat-free croutons
- 1/2 cup Caesar Salad Dressing, (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan curls, (see Tip)
- Lemon wedges
- Prepare a grill or preheat broiler.
- Rub chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil chicken until browned and no trace of pink remains in the center, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Combine lettuce and croutons in a large bowl. Toss with Caesar Salad Dressing and divide among 4 plates. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch slices and fan over salad. Top with Parmesan curls. Serve immediately, with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To make parmesan curls, start with a piece of cheese that is at least 4 ounces. Use a swivel-bladed vegetable peeler to shave off curls.
Per serving: 278 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 74 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 34 g protein; 1 g fiber; 662 mg sodium; 308 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 2 vegetable, 4 very lean meat, For Caesar Salad Dressing, free food
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient