Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
Our Grilled Chicken Caesar is far lighter, and just as good, as the popular full-fat version.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups washed, dried and torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup fat-free croutons
- 1/2 cup Caesar Salad Dressing, (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan curls, (see Tip)
- Lemon wedges
- Prepare a grill or preheat broiler.
- Rub chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil chicken until browned and no trace of pink remains in the center, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Combine lettuce and croutons in a large bowl. Toss with Caesar Salad Dressing and divide among 4 plates. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch slices and fan over salad. Top with Parmesan curls. Serve immediately, with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To make parmesan curls, start with a piece of cheese that is at least 4 ounces. Use a swivel-bladed vegetable peeler to shave off curls.
Per serving: 278 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 74 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 34 g protein; 1 g fiber; 662 mg sodium; 308 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 2 vegetable, 4 very lean meat, For Caesar Salad Dressing, free food
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient