Grilled Broccoli Rabe
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Although somewhat unconventional, grilling dark leafy greens like broccoli rabe is a fun way to add subtle smokiness. Here, we bump up the flavor by tossing it with a garlic-rosemary vinaigrette.
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 pound), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cook broccoli rabe in a large pot of boiling water until bright green and barely tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic powder, rosemary, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Grill the broccoli rabe, turning once, until tender and the leaves are just beginning to char, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Toss the broccoli rabe with the reserved dressing.
Per serving: 91 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 183 mg sodium; 231 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (60% daily value), Vitamin C (38% dv), Folate (24% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- March/April 2010