Grilled Broccoli Rabe
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Although somewhat unconventional, grilling dark leafy greens like broccoli rabe is a fun way to add subtle smokiness. Here, we bump up the flavor by tossing it with a garlic-rosemary vinaigrette.
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 pound), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cook broccoli rabe in a large pot of boiling water until bright green and barely tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic powder, rosemary, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Grill the broccoli rabe, turning once, until tender and the leaves are just beginning to char, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Toss the broccoli rabe with the reserved dressing.
Per serving: 91 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 183 mg sodium; 231 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (60% daily value), Vitamin C (38% dv), Folate (24% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Making a satisfying, low-calorie dinner is easy with our one-...
It’s easy to make a healthy dinner recipe without dirtying...
Grab a box of your favorite whole-wheat linguine or penne...
Good news for people who eat breakfast—they tend to weigh...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
Cutlets—typically a thin slice of meat cut from the rib...
Whether you’re watching your finances or just trying to put a...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
There is no room for a roast that's anything less than...
Chocolate is such a rich and indulgent treat it almost seems...
Creamy blue cheese isn’t just for salads and dressing anymore...
Chopped, layered, pulsed or stirred, these easy dips are...
Ginger pairs well with soy sauce, chile peppers and garlic,...
Our healthy pumpkin dessert recipes are lighter twists on the...
A popular meat around the globe, lamb is raised and consumed...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- March/April 2010