Grilled Broccoli Rabe
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Although somewhat unconventional, grilling dark leafy greens like broccoli rabe is a fun way to add subtle smokiness. Here, we bump up the flavor by tossing it with a garlic-rosemary vinaigrette.
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 pound), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cook broccoli rabe in a large pot of boiling water until bright green and barely tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic powder, rosemary, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Grill the broccoli rabe, turning once, until tender and the leaves are just beginning to char, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Toss the broccoli rabe with the reserved dressing.
Per serving: 91 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 183 mg sodium; 231 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (60% daily value), Vitamin C (38% dv), Folate (24% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2010