Grilled Apples with Cheese & Honey
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
Dessert meets the cheese plate when you drizzle grilled apples and flavorful cheese with honey and toasted pecans for a quick and healthy finish to any meal for two. This is a good chance to try some exotic honeys—their nuances will shine in this simple dessert.
- 1 large or 2 small tart apples, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 2 teaspoons almond or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 ounce sharp Cheddar or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 teaspoons honey
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Toss apple slices with oil and sugar in a large bowl. Grill the apple slices until just tender and lightly marked, turning once, about 6 minutes total. Shave cheese into thin strips with a vegetable peeler. Top the apple slices with a sprinkling of cheese and nuts and drizzle with honey.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Let your cheese come to room temperature before serving for the best flavor.
Per serving: 250 calories; 14 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 15 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 93 mg sodium; 174 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- September/October 2007