Grilled Apples with Cheese & Honey
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
Dessert meets the cheese plate when you drizzle grilled apples and flavorful cheese with honey and toasted pecans for a quick and healthy finish to any meal for two. This is a good chance to try some exotic honeys—their nuances will shine in this simple dessert.
- 1 large or 2 small tart apples, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 2 teaspoons almond or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 ounce sharp Cheddar or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 teaspoons honey
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Toss apple slices with oil and sugar in a large bowl. Grill the apple slices until just tender and lightly marked, turning once, about 6 minutes total. Shave cheese into thin strips with a vegetable peeler. Top the apple slices with a sprinkling of cheese and nuts and drizzle with honey.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Let your cheese come to room temperature before serving for the best flavor.
Per serving: 250 calories; 14 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 15 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 93 mg sodium; 174 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2007