Grilled Caesar Salad Wrap for Two
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This chicken Caesar salad wrap recipe is elevated by the irresistible smoky flavor of grilled chicken and grilled romaine. Whisk together this easy Caesar salad dressing, toss with the grilled chicken and romaine and wrap it all together for a delicious lunch or dinner to serve two.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 8 ounces), trimmed
- Pinch of salt
- 1 small romaine heart
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 8- to 9-inch spinach wraps, warmed
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, mayonnaise, garlic and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Sprinkle chicken with salt. Cut romaine in half lengthwise, leaving the root end intact. Grill the chicken until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Two minutes before the chicken is done, place the romaine on the rack and grill, turning once or twice, until lightly charred and beginning to wilt, 2 to 3 minutes total.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Cut the root ends off the romaine, then chop the leaves. Add the chicken, lettuce and Parmesan to the bowl with the dressing; toss until well combined. Fill each wrap with the salad (about 1 1/2 cups each) and roll closed.
Tips & Notes
- Oiling a grill rack before you grill foods helps ensure that the food won’t stick. Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to coat the food with cooking spray.
Per serving: 426 calories; 16 g fat (4 g sat, 7 g mono); 69 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 32 g protein; 5 g fiber; 680 mg sodium; 390 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (138% daily value), Folate (28% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- May/June 2013