Grilled Caesar Salad Wrap for Two
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This chicken Caesar salad wrap recipe is elevated by the irresistible smoky flavor of grilled chicken and grilled romaine. Whisk together this easy Caesar salad dressing, toss with the grilled chicken and romaine and wrap it all together for a delicious lunch or dinner to serve two.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 8 ounces), trimmed
- Pinch of salt
- 1 small romaine heart
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 8- to 9-inch spinach wraps, warmed
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, mayonnaise, garlic and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Sprinkle chicken with salt. Cut romaine in half lengthwise, leaving the root end intact. Grill the chicken until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Two minutes before the chicken is done, place the romaine on the rack and grill, turning once or twice, until lightly charred and beginning to wilt, 2 to 3 minutes total.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Cut the root ends off the romaine, then chop the leaves. Add the chicken, lettuce and Parmesan to the bowl with the dressing; toss until well combined. Fill each wrap with the salad (about 1 1/2 cups each) and roll closed.
Tips & Notes
- Oiling a grill rack before you grill foods helps ensure that the food won’t stick. Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to coat the food with cooking spray.
- Eat neat: Keeping the filling inside a wrap or burrito can be a challenge, especially if youâ€™re on the go. Thatâ€™s why we recommend wrapping your burrito in foil so you can pick it up and eat it without losing the filling, peeling back the foil as you go.
Per serving: 426 calories; 16 g fat (4 g sat, 7 g mono); 69 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 32 g protein; 5 g fiber; 680 mg sodium; 390 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (138% daily value), Folate (28% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2013