Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
This chicken Caesar salad wrap recipe is elevated by the irresistible smoky flavor of grilled chicken and grilled romaine. Whisk together this easy Caesar salad dressing, toss with the grilled chicken and romaine and wrap it all together for a delicious lunch or dinner.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound total), trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 small romaine hearts
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 8- to 9-inch spinach wraps, warmed
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, mayonnaise, garlic and pepper in a large bowl.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Sprinkle chicken with salt. Cut romaine in half lengthwise, leaving root ends intact. Grill the chicken until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Two minutes before the chicken is done, place the romaine on the rack and grill, turning once or twice, until lightly charred and beginning to wilt, 2 to 3 minutes total.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Cut the root ends off the romaine, then chop the leaves. Add the chicken, lettuce and Parmesan to the bowl with the dressing; toss until well combined. Fill each wrap with about 1 1/2 cups of the salad and roll closed.
Tips & Notes
- Oil the grill rack before you grill to keep food from sticking. Bring a little bowl of oil out to the preheated grill along with a folded paper towel and a pair of tongs. Oil the paper towel, hold it with the tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill—it can cause a flare-up.)
- Eat neat: Keeping the filling inside a wrap or burrito can be a challenge, especially if youâ€™re on the go. Thatâ€™s why we recommend wrapping your burrito in foil so you can pick it up and eat it without losing the filling, peeling back the foil as you go.
Per serving: 429 calories; 16 g fat (4 g sat, 7 g mono); 69 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 33 g protein; 5 g fiber; 688 mg sodium; 408 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (138% daily value), Folate (28% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2013