Greens with Gorgonzola Dressing
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Tea adds depth to the dressing of these simple dressed greens.
- 1 ounce Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed tea, (such as Earl Grey)
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Mash Gorgonzola with a whisk in a large bowl. Whisk in tea, vinegar, oil, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper. Toss with salad greens.
Tips & Notes
- A tiny amount of full-flavored cheese, such as Gorgonzola, will flavor a large amount of healthful greens.
Per serving: 73 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 207 mg sodium; 271 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (47% daily value), Folate (24% dv), Vitamin C (23% dv).
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique