Greens with Gorgonzola Dressing
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Tea adds depth to the dressing of these simple dressed greens.
- 1 ounce Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed tea, (such as Earl Grey)
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Mash Gorgonzola with a whisk in a large bowl. Whisk in tea, vinegar, oil, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper. Toss with salad greens.
Tips & Notes
- A tiny amount of full-flavored cheese, such as Gorgonzola, will flavor a large amount of healthful greens.
Per serving: 73 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 207 mg sodium; 271 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (47% daily value), Folate (24% dv), Vitamin C (23% dv).
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy sandwich recipes, salad recipes and dip recipes...
If you’re trying to slim down, try adding foods to your diet...
There’s no “magic bullet” for preventing high blood pressure...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
If you’re feeling blue—or want to ward off feeling that way—...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
When you’re trying to slim down, a high-fiber, low-calorie...
Research shows that a compound in chiles, called capsaicin,...
You can still enjoy the delicious summertime flavor of...
Skip the frozen veggie burgers and make your own vegetarian...
Healthy pasta dishes are at the heart of Italian cuisine....
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Make a delicious Easter brunch or dinner this year with our...
Berries and other spring fruit star in our healthy Easter...
If you’re entertaining this Easter or bringing a dish to...
Make your Passover meal light and healthful with some of our...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique