Greens with Gorgonzola Dressing
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Tea adds depth to the dressing of these simple dressed greens.
- 1 ounce Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed tea, (such as Earl Grey)
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Mash Gorgonzola with a whisk in a large bowl. Whisk in tea, vinegar, oil, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper. Toss with salad greens.
Tips & Notes
- A tiny amount of full-flavored cheese, such as Gorgonzola, will flavor a large amount of healthful greens.
Per serving: 73 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 207 mg sodium; 271 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (47% daily value), Folate (24% dv), Vitamin C (23% dv).
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less