Greens with Gorgonzola Dressing
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Tea adds depth to the dressing of these simple dressed greens.
- 1 ounce Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed tea, (such as Earl Grey)
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Mash Gorgonzola with a whisk in a large bowl. Whisk in tea, vinegar, oil, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper. Toss with salad greens.
Tips & Notes
- A tiny amount of full-flavored cheese, such as Gorgonzola, will flavor a large amount of healthful greens.
Per serving: 73 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 207 mg sodium; 271 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (47% daily value), Folate (24% dv), Vitamin C (23% dv).
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer