Greens with Gorgonzola Dressing
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Tea adds depth to the dressing of these simple dressed greens.
- 1 ounce Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed tea, (such as Earl Grey)
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Mash Gorgonzola with a whisk in a large bowl. Whisk in tea, vinegar, oil, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper. Toss with salad greens.
Tips & Notes
- A tiny amount of full-flavored cheese, such as Gorgonzola, will flavor a large amount of healthful greens.
Per serving: 73 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 207 mg sodium; 271 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (47% daily value), Folate (24% dv), Vitamin C (23% dv).
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer