I loved this recipe! Used book Chou and chard as my greens as that's what I had and am less thrilled with the bitterness of collards. This reminded me of one of my favorite spinach-artichoke dips in flavor, without all the fat. May add a bit of lemon to it to brighten the flavors a bit more, but thought it was delicious as made. Dry panini'd on my cruisinart grill.
Braised Greens & Cannellini Bean Panini
From EatingWell: March/April 2012
A creamy spread of cannellini beans cooked with onion, garlic and white wine is the perfect match for tender braised greens. Press the two between pieces of crusty whole-wheat bread and you have an outstanding vegan panini.
4 Reviews for Braised Greens & Cannellini Bean Panini
This marriage of braised greens and creamy bean puree is so delicious that the bread is optional. Really, just serve these two as side dishes tonight, then make panini with the leftovers tomorrow. Try making a double, or heck, even a triple batch of the bean mixture and freezing the extra in small containers. Then you'll be able to make these with less work and fewer dishes next time.
While it does take about an hour to make, this recipe is worth it. I make it just for myself and eat it all week long for lunch.
I love the idea of this sandwich. It's a tasty way to incorporate more of the foods we ought to be eating (beans and dark green leafies) in a way that's satisfying and full of flavor. Except it takes forever. There are few sandwiches that are worth spending an hour to cook and then another hour to clean up after. And this one, while tasty, is not one of them. If there was a faster way to get it together, I would like it more.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)