Green Salad with Asparagus & Peas (Salat med Asparges og Ærter)
From EatingWell: May/June 2008
Here's a salad where we've combined two stars of the spring garden, asparagus and peas. Since the asparagus goes into the mix raw, you'll want to look for the freshest, most tender spears you can find and slice them into very thin rounds.
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 heads Boston or Bibb lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups very thinly sliced fresh asparagus, (about 1 bunch)
- 2 cups shelled fresh peas, (about 3 pounds unshelled)
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, or scallion greens
- Combine lemon zest and juice, oil, sugar, salt and pepper in a large salad bowl. Add lettuce, asparagus, peas, tomatoes and chives (or scallion greens); toss to coat.
Per serving: 113 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 152 mg sodium; 339 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A & Vitamin C (45% daily value), Folate (19% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- May/June 2008
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)