Green Salad with Asparagus & Peas (Salat med Asparges og Ærter)
From EatingWell: May/June 2008
Here's a salad where we've combined two stars of the spring garden, asparagus and peas. Since the asparagus goes into the mix raw, you'll want to look for the freshest, most tender spears you can find and slice them into very thin rounds.
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 heads Boston or Bibb lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups very thinly sliced fresh asparagus, (about 1 bunch)
- 2 cups shelled fresh peas, (about 3 pounds unshelled)
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, or scallion greens
- Combine lemon zest and juice, oil, sugar, salt and pepper in a large salad bowl. Add lettuce, asparagus, peas, tomatoes and chives (or scallion greens); toss to coat.
Per serving: 113 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 152 mg sodium; 339 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A & Vitamin C (45% daily value), Folate (19% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2008