Green Salad with Asparagus & Peas (Salat med Asparges og Ærter)
From EatingWell: May/June 2008
Here's a salad where we've combined two stars of the spring garden, asparagus and peas. Since the asparagus goes into the mix raw, you'll want to look for the freshest, most tender spears you can find and slice them into very thin rounds.
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 heads Boston or Bibb lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups very thinly sliced fresh asparagus, (about 1 bunch)
- 2 cups shelled fresh peas, (about 3 pounds unshelled)
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, or scallion greens
- Combine lemon zest and juice, oil, sugar, salt and pepper in a large salad bowl. Add lettuce, asparagus, peas, tomatoes and chives (or scallion greens); toss to coat.
Per serving: 113 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 152 mg sodium; 339 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A & Vitamin C (45% daily value), Folate (19% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2008