Green Goddess Sauce
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
Try this fresh approach to tartar sauce as an accompaniment for any fish or combine it with chunk light tuna as the base of a tuna salad.
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, anchovies, chives, parsley, capers, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per tablespoon: 21 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 128 mg sodium; 8 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- March/April 2008