Green Goddess Sauce
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
Try this fresh approach to tartar sauce as an accompaniment for any fish or combine it with chunk light tuna as the base of a tuna salad.
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, anchovies, chives, parsley, capers, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per tablespoon: 21 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 128 mg sodium; 8 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- March/April 2008