Green Goddess Sauce
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
Try this fresh approach to tartar sauce as an accompaniment for any fish or combine it with chunk light tuna as the base of a tuna salad.
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, anchovies, chives, parsley, capers, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per tablespoon: 21 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 128 mg sodium; 8 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2008