Green Goddess Sauce
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
Try this fresh approach to tartar sauce as an accompaniment for any fish or combine it with chunk light tuna as the base of a tuna salad.
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, anchovies, chives, parsley, capers, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per tablespoon: 21 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 128 mg sodium; 8 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2008