Green Eggs & Ham Frittata
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Our version of green eggs and ham is full of spinach, leeks and dill, along with ham and havarti cheese. Serve with: Roasted red potatoes or hash browns.
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, diced
- 1 5-ounce bag baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup shredded havarti or Muenster cheese
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Whisk eggs, dill, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Heat oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add leeks; cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add spinach and ham; cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook, lifting the edges of the frittata so uncooked egg can flow underneath, until the bottom is light golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top, transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the eggs are set, 6 to 8 minutes. Let rest for about 3 minutes before serving. Serve hot or cold.
Per serving: 217 calories; 15 g fat (5 g sat, 6 g mono); 296 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 14 g protein; 1 g fiber; 418 mg sodium; 320 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (63% daily value), Folate (24% dv), Vitamin C (17% dv), Iron (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, Other
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- March/April 2010