Green Eggs & Ham Frittata
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Our version of green eggs and ham is full of spinach, leeks and dill, along with ham and havarti cheese. Serve with: Roasted red potatoes or hash browns.
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, diced
- 1 5-ounce bag baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup shredded havarti or Muenster cheese
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Whisk eggs, dill, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Heat oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add leeks; cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add spinach and ham; cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook, lifting the edges of the frittata so uncooked egg can flow underneath, until the bottom is light golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top, transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the eggs are set, 6 to 8 minutes. Let rest for about 3 minutes before serving. Serve hot or cold.
Per serving: 217 calories; 15 g fat (5 g sat, 6 g mono); 296 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 14 g protein; 1 g fiber; 418 mg sodium; 320 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (63% daily value), Folate (24% dv), Vitamin C (17% dv), Iron (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, Other
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- March/April 2010