Green Eggs & Ham Frittata
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Our version of green eggs and ham is full of spinach, leeks and dill, along with ham and havarti cheese. Serve with: Roasted red potatoes or hash browns.
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, diced
- 1 5-ounce bag baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup shredded havarti or Muenster cheese
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Whisk eggs, dill, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Heat oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add leeks; cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add spinach and ham; cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook, lifting the edges of the frittata so uncooked egg can flow underneath, until the bottom is light golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top, transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the eggs are set, 6 to 8 minutes. Let rest for about 3 minutes before serving. Serve hot or cold.
Per serving: 217 calories; 15 g fat (5 g sat, 6 g mono); 296 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 14 g protein; 1 g fiber; 418 mg sodium; 320 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (63% daily value), Folate (24% dv), Vitamin C (17% dv), Iron (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, Other
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- March/April 2010