Green Eggs & Ham Frittata
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Our version of green eggs and ham is full of spinach, leeks and dill, along with ham and havarti cheese. Serve with: Roasted red potatoes or hash browns.
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, diced
- 1 5-ounce bag baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup shredded havarti or Muenster cheese
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Whisk eggs, dill, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Heat oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add leeks; cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add spinach and ham; cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook, lifting the edges of the frittata so uncooked egg can flow underneath, until the bottom is light golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top, transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the eggs are set, 6 to 8 minutes. Let rest for about 3 minutes before serving. Serve hot or cold.
Per serving: 217 calories; 15 g fat (5 g sat, 6 g mono); 296 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 14 g protein; 1 g fiber; 418 mg sodium; 320 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (63% daily value), Folate (24% dv), Vitamin C (17% dv), Iron (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, Other
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- March/April 2010