This was amazingly quick. I already had leeks ready to go which saved a lot of time. The substitutions I made were: fresh dill instead of dried, chicken instead of ham, and sharp cheddar for the cheese since those were what I had in the fridge. I served it with a side salad and the whole family enjoyed it.
Green Eggs & Ham Frittata
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Our version of green eggs and ham is full of spinach, leeks and dill, along with ham and havarti cheese. Serve with: Roasted red potatoes or hash browns.
11 Reviews for Green Eggs & Ham Frittata
Very flavourful! I was worried that it would be too strong with all the leeks (it calls for a lot) but it blended together very nicely. I did find all the chopping to be a bit of a nuisance, but it was worth it in the end
Made as written a couple times, and loved it. Looking forward to experimenting - starting now!
I love frittatas and this was no exception. I use egg beaters instead of real eggs and I cut the salt amount in half. I also normally use low-sodium ham in this and it works well.
It's good but my family and I felt it was missing something. I felt it needed some extra seasoning to really bring out or highlight the flavors. Not sure what seasoning though; perhaps some nutmeg. Might be better with a cheese that has a more pronounced flavor ( I used harvarti.) Will make again and tinker with it.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)