Green Chile & Goat Cheese Dip
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
This creamy, cheesy dip is spiked with green chiles and smoky chipotle pepper. Be sure to drain the ricotta the day before you want to serve the dip. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
- 1 15-ounce container part-skim ricotta cheese, drained (see Tips)
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons toasted pepitas (see Tips)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Coat a glass pie pan with cooking spray. Mash together ricotta and goat cheese in a medium bowl. Drain chiles in a colander or sieve, pressing to remove as much liquid as possible. Stir into the cheese mixture. Spread evenly in the prepared pan. Sprinkle with pepitas and chipotle.
- Bake until the dip is bubbling at the edges, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Tips: To drain ricotta, spoon into a sieve lined with a double layer of cheesecloth or a large coffee filter. Place over a bowl and drain in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Pepitas, olive-green-hulled pumpkin seeds, are commonly used in Mexican cooking and are a perfect snack when roasted and lightly salted. Find them in the bulk-foods section of natural-foods markets, Mexican grocers or at melissas.com. To toast pepitas: Cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 53 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 10 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 0 g fiber; 78 mg sodium; 35 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 high fat meat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- November/December 2010