Green Chile & Goat Cheese Dip
From EatingWell: November/December 2010
This creamy, cheesy dip is spiked with green chiles and smoky chipotle pepper. Be sure to drain the ricotta the day before you want to serve the dip. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
- 1 15-ounce container part-skim ricotta cheese, drained (see Tips)
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons toasted pepitas (see Tips)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Coat a glass pie pan with cooking spray. Mash together ricotta and goat cheese in a medium bowl. Drain chiles in a colander or sieve, pressing to remove as much liquid as possible. Stir into the cheese mixture. Spread evenly in the prepared pan. Sprinkle with pepitas and chipotle.
- Bake until the dip is bubbling at the edges, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Tips: To drain ricotta, spoon into a sieve lined with a double layer of cheesecloth or a large coffee filter. Place over a bowl and drain in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Pepitas, olive-green-hulled pumpkin seeds, are commonly used in Mexican cooking and are a perfect snack when roasted and lightly salted. Find them in the bulk-foods section of natural-foods markets, Mexican grocers or at melissas.com. To toast pepitas: Cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 53 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 10 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 0 g fiber; 78 mg sodium; 35 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 high fat meat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Type of Dish
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2010