Green Beans with Toasted Nuts
Toasted nuts are a simple way to embellish green beans. If you have hazelnut or walnut oil on hand, use it in place of the olive oil to enhance the nutty flavor.
- 1 pound green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled hazelnuts, or walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cook beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Add nuts and cook, stirring, until golden, about 1 minute. Return the reserved beans to the pot and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 104 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber; 152 mg sodium; 261 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Fiber (28% daily value), Vitamin C (22% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat (mono)
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable