Green Beans with Shallot Dressing
From EatingWell: September/October 1995
While still hot, green beans readily absorb this tart mustard dressing.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place green beans in a steamer basket over boiling water, cover and steam until tender.
- Whisk together shallots, broth, vinegar and mustard in a serving bowl. Toss the hot beans with the dressing, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Per serving: 42 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 4 g fiber; 101 mg sodium; 262 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (39% daily value), Vitamin A (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- September/October 1995
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)