This is absolutely wonderful. We had it with dinner last night and it was a hit. I did not have any red pepper but added some sauteed mushrooms instead. Only had kahlari (?) olives so I used those. I had just picked up some nice fresh green beans from the farmer's market and did not watn to lose all the taste and nutrients in the boiling water so I steamed them for about 5 minutes instead. I also I had some light balsamic vinegrette drssing in the fridge so I used it. A great way to use the fesh corn on the cob I had bought. In a word.... Yummy!
Green Bean Salad with Corn, Basil & Black Olives
This vibrant summer salad goes well with just about any entree. Be sure to get ultra-fresh beans and corn and blanch them just long enough to tenderize them and bring out their color. If they are available, use salt-cured black olives, which provide the best complement to the crisp vegetables.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)