Greek Tomato Sauce
From EatingWell: January/February 1995
Red wine, black olives and fragrant oregano bring tomato sauce to new heights.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 2 teaspoons crumbled dried oregano
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 30 seconds.
- Add marinara sauce, wine, olives and oregano; bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 1 minute. Serve over cooked pasta, topped with feta cheese.
Per serving: 122 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 651 mg sodium; 402 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1995
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)