Greek Tomato Sauce
From EatingWell: January/February 1995
Red wine, black olives and fragrant oregano bring tomato sauce to new heights.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 2 teaspoons crumbled dried oregano
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 30 seconds.
- Add marinara sauce, wine, olives and oregano; bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 1 minute. Serve over cooked pasta, topped with feta cheese.
Per serving: 122 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 651 mg sodium; 402 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1995