Greek Tomato Sauce
From EatingWell: January/February 1995
Red wine, black olives and fragrant oregano bring tomato sauce to new heights.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 2 teaspoons crumbled dried oregano
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 30 seconds.
- Add marinara sauce, wine, olives and oregano; bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 1 minute. Serve over cooked pasta, topped with feta cheese.
Per serving: 122 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 651 mg sodium; 402 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- January/February 1995