Greek Tomato Sauce
From EatingWell: January/February 1995
Red wine, black olives and fragrant oregano bring tomato sauce to new heights.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 2 teaspoons crumbled dried oregano
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 30 seconds.
- Add marinara sauce, wine, olives and oregano; bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 1 minute. Serve over cooked pasta, topped with feta cheese.
Per serving: 122 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 651 mg sodium; 402 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1995