Greek Tofu Salad
This quick tofu salad is flavored with feta, onion, olives and lemon. Make it a meal: Spoon the salad into toasted whole-wheat pitas and add lettuce leaves.
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion, or scallion
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 8 ounces firm tofu, drained and crumbled (1 cup)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 ripe tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Stir together feta, onion (or scallion), olives, lemon juice, oil and oregano in a medium bowl. Add tofu and mash together with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Add tomato, cucumber and parsley to tofu mixture. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 152 calories; 11 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 2 g fiber; 358 mg sodium; 286 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value), Calcium (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique