Greek Tofu Salad
This quick tofu salad is flavored with feta, onion, olives and lemon. Make it a meal: Spoon the salad into toasted whole-wheat pitas and add lettuce leaves.
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion, or scallion
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 8 ounces firm tofu, drained and crumbled (1 cup)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 ripe tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Stir together feta, onion (or scallion), olives, lemon juice, oil and oregano in a medium bowl. Add tofu and mash together with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Add tomato, cucumber and parsley to tofu mixture. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 152 calories; 11 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 2 g fiber; 358 mg sodium; 286 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value), Calcium (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique