Greek Tofu Salad
This quick tofu salad is flavored with feta, onion, olives and lemon. Make it a meal: Spoon the salad into toasted whole-wheat pitas and add lettuce leaves.
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion, or scallion
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 8 ounces firm tofu, drained and crumbled (1 cup)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 ripe tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Stir together feta, onion (or scallion), olives, lemon juice, oil and oregano in a medium bowl. Add tofu and mash together with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Add tomato, cucumber and parsley to tofu mixture. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 152 calories; 11 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 2 g fiber; 358 mg sodium; 286 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value), Calcium (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique