Greek Salad with Tofu
Tofu boosts the protein in this Greek salad, making it substantial enough for a whole meal. But this dish would also be a perfect addition to a mezze, a Middle Eastern meal of “small dishes”; serve it with warmed, whole-wheat pitas, store-bought hummus, stuffed grape leaves, tzatziki (cucumber sauce) and your favorite olives.
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion, or scallion
- 6 Kalamata olives, (see Tip), pitted and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup drained and crumbled firm tofu
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 small tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Combine feta, onion (or scallion), olives, lemon juice, oil and oregano in a medium bowl. Add tofu and mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato, cucumber and parsley to the tofu mixture and stir to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Small amounts of olives can be purchased from bulk bins and salad bars.
Per serving: 164 calories; 12 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 2 g fiber; 499 mg sodium; 296 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value), Calcium (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation