Greek Salad with Tofu
Tofu boosts the protein in this Greek salad, making it substantial enough for a whole meal. But this dish would also be a perfect addition to a mezze, a Middle Eastern meal of “small dishes”; serve it with warmed, whole-wheat pitas, store-bought hummus, stuffed grape leaves, tzatziki (cucumber sauce) and your favorite olives.
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion, or scallion
- 6 Kalamata olives, (see Tip), pitted and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup drained and crumbled firm tofu
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 small tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Combine feta, onion (or scallion), olives, lemon juice, oil and oregano in a medium bowl. Add tofu and mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato, cucumber and parsley to the tofu mixture and stir to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Small amounts of olives can be purchased from bulk bins and salad bars.
Per serving: 164 calories; 12 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 2 g fiber; 499 mg sodium; 296 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value), Calcium (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique