Greek Salad with Tofu
Tofu boosts the protein in this Greek salad, making it substantial enough for a whole meal. But this dish would also be a perfect addition to a mezze, a Middle Eastern meal of “small dishes”; serve it with warmed, whole-wheat pitas, store-bought hummus, stuffed grape leaves, tzatziki (cucumber sauce) and your favorite olives.
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion, or scallion
- 6 Kalamata olives, (see Tip), pitted and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup drained and crumbled firm tofu
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 small tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Combine feta, onion (or scallion), olives, lemon juice, oil and oregano in a medium bowl. Add tofu and mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato, cucumber and parsley to the tofu mixture and stir to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Small amounts of olives can be purchased from bulk bins and salad bars.
Per serving: 164 calories; 12 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 2 g fiber; 499 mg sodium; 296 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value), Calcium (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique